I am a product of my environment, in fact, I refer to my upbringing and my life as an adult as Goulash.
Here's how it started, I grew up in a small community, it wasn't even a town or a village, it was a community that linked together with a couple extra communities to have a summer fair, Yeah, it was THAT small. My core family lived less then 1 km away from me, Though I did have an Aunt Shirley and Uncle Brian who lived in Ottawa, most of the primary characters in my life lived within 1 km.
My Dad was a meat and potatoes man, on weekends if he worked or wasn't going to be home. Mom would make something very cool for lunch, like tuna fish sandwiches and potato chips. (we were allowed to smash the chips in the sandwich too!) Captain Burgers, or Beef and Broccoli, My cousin Pam, who lived across the street, Her mom made this delectable dish called Goulash. We never HAD Goulash at our house, but we did have it at hers, it was VERY good, Aunt Rose had a "recipe", my entire life I only knew my Mom to follow recipes for baking or something for a Potluck. We did not know Goulash formally!
Though I will never know my Aunt Rose's Recipe (Ironically Pam's a Chef in a Fancy Smancy Resort hit by hurricane's regularly) I have since learned that all families make goulash a different way there isn't a true recipe that can be followed, in fact we are all goulash, made up of the things just around, stuck together, and served. Tomatoes are a common ingredient. Those will be my family and friends..
My Blog, and this IS my first entry, will be about my observations,and how I see things based on my personal recipe for Goulash. A Little bit of EVERYTHING!
No comments:
Post a Comment